- 3 cups of rice flour
- 1 large onion
- 2 small peppers
- 1 cup cooked shrimp or flaked fish
- 1 cup palm oil
- salt to taste
- Banana leaves (optional)
- Mince the onion and, using a mortar and pestle or other type of food grinder
- grind the onion together with the peppers. Set aside.
- Put the rice flour in a large mixing bowl
- gradually mix in water and the palm oil until a thick paste is formed.
- Add the ground onion and pepper mixture to the rice flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt to taste.
- Coarsely chop the cooked shrimp or fish and add it to the flour mixture.
- Wrap tablespoonfuls of mixture in either squares of aluminum foil, or in greased *banana leaves that have been cut into squares and wilted by being steamed for a few minutes to make the leaves pliable.
- Steam packets for about one hour, until the rice granules are cooked. Serves 6-8.