- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Melt the butter in microwave or on stove.
- Off the heat, add the sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add egg, nuts, coconut, cherries, chocolate bits and cornflakes.
- Mix well.
- As you mix, bash the cornflakes so that they are partly crushed.
- Place heaped teaspoonfuls on a non-stick oven tray.
- The mixture won't stick together properly, but don't panic - just push it together with your fingers.
- The ingredients will stick together as they cook.
- Bake at 350 °F for about 14 minutes.
- For the best flavor, remove them from the oven just as any thin, spread out bits start to go dark brown.