- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients together.
- In another bowl, mix the next 5 ingredients.
- Combine, then add: either cinnamon and raisins or chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- The dough may be a bit sticky. Oil your hands slightly if necessary.
- Use a balled-up paper towel to spread canola oil on a cookie sheet.
- Do not discard the sheet.
- Roll dough into small balls (1-inch), and place on the cookie sheet.
- Use the oiled paper towel to flatten the dough, or use oiled fingertips.
- Flatter means crispier - experiment with size and shape!.
- They will not spread, so small and flat usually comes out the best.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- They will be perfect when bottoms are lightly browned.
- These look and taste almost exactly like the regular kind, and are worth the effort.