- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups boiling gluten free chicken broth
- 1 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 x 4-ounce can mushrooms, sliced and drained
- ¾ teaspoon gluten free curry powder
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
- Sauté onions, celery, celery leaves, mushrooms and rice in butter until vegetables are tender and rice is golden.
- Turn into a buttered shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- Stir in chicken broth and seasonings.
- Cover and bake at 350 °F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork; spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve hot.