Gluten, dairy and egg-free !
- 2 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked or canned black-eyed peas, rinsed if canned
- 1 tbsp safflower oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups chopped kale
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrot.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes until softened.
- Add paprika, w:c:recipes:Bay leafbay leaf, stock or water, tomatoes and kale and cook, uncovered, until kale is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add peas and tamari and simmer 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add rice and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.