- Mix together hot potatoes, shortening, cream, sugar and salt.
- When cooled, add about 1½ cups of the baking mix.
- Use remaining flour to coat each dollop of dough; roll out as thin as possible and bake on a griddle or a pan until brown.
- Use corn oil for the griddle.
- Serve with fruits, seasoned vegetables or herbed butter with syrup.
- Variations: substitute buttermilk for the cream and add one-teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- One can also increase the sugar to taste and add ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Serve with cinnamon or honey.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.