- Blend the rice flour with ¼ cup milk to a smooth paste.
- Bring the remaining milk to a boil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the rice flour paste, salt and sugar.
- Keep stirring till well mixed.
- Keep stirring constantly with a wooden spoon over medium heat until the mixture bubbles gently.
- Simmer on low heat for five minutes, stirring often or till cooked.
- Stir in the ground almonds until well blended.
- Add the rose water.
- Remove from heat and stir occasionally till the mixture cools a little.
- Pour into a large serving bowl or four individual dishes.
- Chill and serve garnished with pistachios or almonds and pomegranate seeds.