- cream butter (can use dairy-free margarine or Crisco if necessary), sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients, then chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten very slightly with fork.
- Bake between 350 – 375 °F for 12 minutes or so (temperature and time vary by individual oven—if yours bakes hot, use the lower temperature).
- Remove from oven when lightly browned (they over-brown very quickly).
- Remove to cooling rack after a few minutes.
- Note: also good with chopped nuts and/or shredded coconut.