If you haven't heard about cauliflower crust pizza, then you are behind the times. This new gluten free crust is the latest crave for ALL kinds of eaters. It is a tasty and original twist on traditional pizza. There are a few different ways to make the crust, but the main ingredients generally include cauliflower, eggs, cheese, and spices. There are variations if you are vegan (with crushed almonds).
Make the crust first and then top it with different kinds of cheeses, vegetables, meat, and more. Some people even, daresay, like cauliflower crust pizza more than flour crust pizza.
Here is a recipe that you can make yourself at home:
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 head cauliflower, blanched
- 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded finely
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with the grapeseed oil.
- Blend the cauliflower until coarse. Pour into a large bowl, add the eggs, mozzarella, basil, oregano, and garlic.
- Pat the cauliflower mixture into a large pizza crust shape on the prepared baking sheet, about ½-inch thick.
- Insert the sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Top with desired toppings and insert back into the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 15 minutes, or until browned.